Thursday 21 May 2020

Sense and sensitivity


Monday evening served as a great opportunity to solder up my fancy new pressure sensor and see if it cut the mustard for measuring the low heads expected.
This week's laboratory was my mum's kitchen sink (renos are full steam ahead at our house so no bath).
Initial results from the Adruino serial plotter on my laptop were very promising, and I got a resolution of about 10 mm which should be plenty to work out flows passing through the WaStop. Much better than the 250 mm I was getting with my other sensor!

Next step is to calibrate it properly with a longer pipe then start putting together my testing/demo setup. I found a very nice plywood pallet on the side of the road last week which should make a perfect base.





No comments:

Post a Comment